World Cup

camby

USA vs Mexico..what a game. I was on the edge of my seat the whole game. Mexico kept pounding and pounding..but couldn't find the back of the net. Friedel has some great saves for the US, otherwise Mexico would be suiting up against Germany.

After watching the replay I can't believe OBrien got away with the handball in the box. Pretty risky play.

CHE, glad to have your support. USA will definitely need it against the Germans.

How about the South Korea game. What a match!! Turkey, Senegal in the quarters?? Am I dreaming? biggrin2.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Camby,

I told you! watch out for the African teams! I'm so happy they are still in the fight. Let's Go Senegal! Si se puede! biggrin2.gif

Korea the big surprise!!!! :eek: I couldn't believe it. Good for them. ;) Too bad for Italy :(

I'm supporting USA. I believe they have a chance to win against Germany if they apply the same defense they used against Mexico.

On the other hand, BRAZIL is my team from now on. Good luck.

[ June 18, 2002, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: CHE ]

Why be sore losers? I think that was so childish, and racist as well. This is not the first time when a guy who played on a local Italian soccer team made a goal on his national team that killed all Italian dreams of a world cup. The German Karl-Heinz Schnellinger was playing for Milan when his goal eliminated Italy in the semifinals of the "Mexico 70" World Cup. What about Diego Armando Maradona, star of Naples, who did the same thing playing for Argentina in 1990? I guess it took the player to be Korean for them to fire for this reason. That is just ludicrous. If it was that serious then the other players also deserved the same treatment. The past, may demonstrate that besides from being poor sports, they are racist. I don't condone that. :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

GERMANY 0 : 2 BRAZIL

Ronaldo’s two second-half goals gave Brazil their fifth FIFA World Cup™ championship and firmly put the ghosts of the France 98 final to rest. It was a hard-fought and equally played match befitting a clash of world football’s biggest titans, but Ronaldo had the touch of greatness that separated the two teams in Yokohama, Japan

Viva Brazil!!!! Viva Latin America!!!! :cool:

This is my first chance to get in on this topic since the cup was decided. I'm an American and was pulling for them big time. I would like to have seen what a game between them and Brasil would have been like but it just wasn't meant to be: one horrible call by a ref and one badly missed header = loss. Anyway, I lived in Brasil for 2 years and they are my boys too.

Hey Che, I just gotta let you know that whether its true or not, Brasilians do not consider themselves latin americans, I think because they are a mix of portugeuse,african, and other european decent.

Brian,

Latin american people ARE a mix of european, african, and native blood. Therefore, whoever believes it or not, we are all brothers. Furthermore, the term Latin american simply means that we speak languages derived from Latin. In any case WE latin americans celebrate Brazil's victory as ours. By the way, we are all "Americans", because we all live on the American continent :rolleyes: . Peace!

Yo, I'm just telling you what Brasilians believe, not me personally, and THEY say they are not Latin Americans. As far as all of US being americans I understand that as well I guess I don't know what I should call myself: United Statesian? Funny as that sounds that doesn't work either. There are the United States of Mexico and the United States of Brasil. Either way I love Brasil!

Brian,

You don't have to call yourself United Statesian, but my point is, that contrary to popular belief :confused: , the term American is not synonymous with the United States. North American would be more accurate. ;)