how much?????

STRAT

seriously tho, i modelled loads of usefull architectural standards, praps i should see into selling them.
See that 'eSTORE' in the CGA site banner? You can list your models there.

So far I have put up two models--the collection of liquor bottles I made a few months ago after failing to find one, and then a grand piano made for the same reason. As far as I know no-one has bought either model yet, but I didn't make them for that purpose. I listed them so next time someone needs bar bottles for a rendering they will actually FIND some. Over time I might make a few bucks in sales, but I don't really care either way. Of course if thousands and thousands of you buy them I will buy myself a new car.

This is outrageous!!

Doing arch viz? Why model your walls when you can buy them prefab!!

Short budget? Need a plane? No problem!! (At this price I would also consider buying the real-life)

I don't know where to point my fingers, to the site owners or to the people who pay for them. As said, at this rate I'm retiring tomorrow.

/Diego

Thats just ridiculous! A few months ago i was checking for car models and at digimation, some of them were beig sold for around 5k. An outrage! I really doubt anyone buys it.

Btw..

Is any of you guys interested on a plane? It has 3 poly counts

lo - 1 poly $25

med - 10 poly $250

hi - 100 poly $2500

I mean, its good stuff... really perfect flat plane, can be used on animation. And if you buy now, you can have the amazing default max grey matte material applied for free!!! call now!!!

:ngelaugh: :ngelaugh: :ngelaugh:

Thats just ridiculous! A few months ago i was checking for car models and at digimation, some of them were beig sold for around 5k. An outrage!
And on the other end there is that Japanese site that has very good car models for about 5.5million yen each--but when you get the dollar conversion it costs about 8 bucks. It's actually TOO cheap. I feel like I'm stealing if I buy it. Maybe the owner figures they will sell so many they can be well paid.

Anyway, not all models being sold on turbosquid or the CGA eSTORE are overpriced. Take the bar bottles and grand piano for example...

The point is it should be less expensive to buy a pre-made model than to make it yourself. If something I need is $100 and it would take me two or three hours to model, the purchase makes perfect sense.

words of wisdome to remember:

The point is it should be less expensive to buy a pre-made model than to make it yourself. If something I need is $100 and it would take me two or three hours to model, the purchase makes perfect sense.

That is if the models are usefull, well-built etc.

Anyway... we had the same story with the lowpolygon3d-cars, we bought last summer, just a few weeks after their first release...

At first the price was 35$ for the first set, few weeks later 70-75$, another few weeks later 85$...

We bought them at 75$...

BUT with the launch of the lowpolygon3d-website, prices dropped to 24$ for the first set!!!

Believe me this guy was pissed as we had bought three sets on turbosquid at that time already!!

Basicly, I'm not mad at paying for good stuff, but paying triple for the same goods is insane. And of course I've never had a reply on my mails to lowpolygon... I still like the models of lowpolygon, but ow ow turbosquid... I prefer the CGA-store!!!

nisus

BUT with the launch of the lowpolygon3d-website, prices dropped to 24$ for the first set!!!

Believe me this guy was pissed as we had bought three sets on turbosquid at that time already!!Basicly, I'm not mad at paying for good stuff, but paying triple for the same goods is insane.

It is, but the difference is minimal. We should always remember to put a value on our time.

I probably wasted many hundreds of dollars worth of my time trying to find models of bar bottles. So I had to build them myself, which included researching what they look like, how big they are. In the end they cost me a lot. But now I have them and will use them in my current project. It was for the current project that I had to build the piano--you see three of them in various spaces.

How much time do you spend worrying about the best price? I wish there were more models available for sale on sites that were easy to find them. What's the point in spending all day searching the web for a model that you can build in that time? The opposite is why spend $750 for a model you can make in a morning.