CAD

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Having a early nineties throw back at the moment:

U.S.

Smashing Pumpkins: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.

Rage Against the Machine: Rage Against the Machine.

U.K.

Suede: Dog Man Star

James

Shed Seven

The Charlatans

Elastica

The Verve

The La's

Stereophonics

Pulp

and the list goes on and on.....

Some are not holding up well, like Cast, The Bluetones etc. But what a time it was in the U.K in the early nineties, a lot of great bands.

Here are some more obscure bands, hopefully they will bring back memories for you also, I am not saying there good but fun to have a listen:

Terrorvision

Space

Mansun

Gene

Longpigs

Dodgy

If you think of any obscure or not so obscure early nineties U.K bands feel free to let me know. I want to create a nice big playlist when I want to reminisce.

Some are not holding up well, like Cast, The Bluetones etc. But what a time it was in the U.K in the early nineties, a lot of great bands.

Ooooooh, I love the Bluetones. Id disagree that they havent aged well, but Cast were shit in the first place.

In fact, I was in Australia in 1999. Me and my bro walked into our local (a down beat little local bar) the bouncer stopped us and said there was a $4 cover. What? we said. "yeah, some pommie band called the Blue Tongues are playin" Turns out it was the Bluetones, they absolutely rocked the joint. Ill never forget it.

I was a fan of The Bluetones back in the day. Met them once at an HMV in store gig which was cool. But they sound a little wet listening back, don't get me wrong the tunes are still there.

Agreed on Cast, compared to the La's who made one prefect album. If only Lee Mavers was not such a hermit, just think what a second album may have sounded like.

http://goodheads.wordpress.com/2007/05/13/the-la%E2%80%99s-lee-mavers-when-will-we-see-you-again-pt2/

Love the song "Human Race".

• 2 weeks later...
Ooooooh, I love the Bluetones. Id disagree that they havent aged well, but Cast were shit in the first place.

In fact, I was in Australia in 1999. Me and my bro walked into our local (a down beat little local bar) the bouncer stopped us and said there was a $4 cover. What? we said. "yeah, some pommie band called the Blue Tongues are playin" Turns out it was the Bluetones, they absolutely rocked the joint. Ill never forget it.

Saw them a few times back in the day, great band. I just picked up a ticket to see them play in December so we'll see how they're holding up!

I've been listening loads to an english band called Oceansize recently. Check out the album 'Frames' if you can, here's a taster of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lmavAbTJ9g

whitney houston's backlog. Her new album and 7years of drug/sadness has sort of ruined her voice so I'm going back to the old stuff.

I had to read that a few times... to me, 7 years of drugs and sadness and listening to Whitney Houston's entire backlog sound like the same thing... a long-winded bout of depraved masochism... although, I suppose you could use Whitney as a form of mental conditioning to combat addiction. Think about it - every time an addict goes to shoot-up or reaches for their crack pipe, you blast them with Whitney's entire backlog. Problem solved!

Hey, I'm thinking that could solve the global drug problem!

EDIT: Just jkidding, by the way ;)

Edited by shaneis

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...