solar time modifier

quizzy

Hi quizzy,

I think it's a great idea. Always wanted to do the same with light/materials properties/settings too. Didn't find the time nor the resources yet.

One habit of mine is to animate a camera with lots of different views and video post the sequence, make a small change - one parameter at a time - and run the sequence again. And so on...

Nice to check shadowmap settings, lighting values, reflections etc...

Downside is that you can't remember your settings after a month or so... A script would be the most delightfull thing ;)

The timeframe/stamp-script from blur studios (or was it rezn8) might have a useful base on how to stamp text on a frame.

rgds

nisus

hmmm... reading your replies, i dont think you really understand what i mean by solar time and date.

Explanation: solar time and date are variables from a sun light system in MAX (in VIZ too??), so you can use this script to display time from the sunlight system in an animation.

For your needs the folowing script will do fine, its from BOBO, and its called MAXscriber.

BOBO's homepage you can find it under maxscripts for max3

[ June 11, 2002, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: quizzy ]

Hi quizzy,

I knew exactly what you meant: write sun/date the settings on a frame so that you'll see the values running during an animation/lightstudy.

But I guess I was thinking to fast and changed the subject before anyone noticed...

I didn't knew the maxscriber until I've noticed it's the same as inscriber, a script that I once downed, but never tested. Gonna do it now ;)

tnx

rgds

nisus

Hi all,

Maxscriber is nice, but it should be able to print the date/time on it too...

Hopefully I got some spare time this weekend to get a good look on the script ;)

btw... some of you might have seen my space-station-office-image: it took me less than three minutes to design, because it's completely generated by a script.

rgds

nisus

Originally posted by nisus:

Hi all,

btw... some of you might have seen my space-station-office-image: it took me less than three minutes to design, because it's completely generated by a script.

rgds

nisus

No i havent

where can i see?

is the script public aswell?

if

where to get

/DP

button maketime "Make time"

on maketime pressed do

(

max createtime for nisus

for i in 1 to infinity do

(

if error_code > 0 then

(

!do not go to pub

)

else messagebox "You have time Nisus, go and create an interface for your script!!!" title:"Alert"

)

)

--this script should only be ran on a belgium computer. ;)

[ June 21, 2002, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: quizzy ]