archicad to viz.

matt_vinoir

probably i dumb question.

i use mark lorenz material replacer but i've just realised, if i have a load of brick walls, all numbered so that i don't know which is which regardless of material from archicad, how do i select the walls i want to uvw map them to change the scale of the bricks?

Also, if i jake a few wallsonl of a building in at a time to correct modelling errors from archicad, when i bring the other elements in, i can't see to be able to import them to exactly the same place as the walls even though i don't move the walls. To manually move everything is a pai so id rather not do that

any ideas?

when you use my material replacer, all identical sub-materials get sub-collapsed, thats the main reason why i wrote it.

to change the size of the bricks change the bitmap uv setting in the material editor (!) not per object.

if you don't want to mess around with sub-materials, go into sub-object mode (edit mesh) and pick the right material from there, then it will load as standard-material.

hope that was clear...

archicad exports always are in the same place, if you change something and re-import it must be in the same place, unless you moved it in archicad or max...

thanks marc! it works really well. The nice thing is that viz takes the archicad models almost warts and all, so that any small mistakes aren't too drastic unlike lightscape.

I thought you could change the map size not per object! duh!! sorry! can you do that for procedual as well? ( i bet you are all cringing at my basic questions !! lol)