export archicad file to .3ds?

angelo_anim

Hello Archicad users, I hope not to bother anyone with this request, I desperately need to export an Archicad v.7 file to .3ds or some other format I can read in Maya. If anyone can do this for me, please email me so I can send you the file.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I'm new to this site, and i saw this thread, and was wondering what the answer was to the question. I am fairly new to Archicad, and familiar with Maya, and was wondering what the solution is to exporting files efficiently into Maya? i found several threads on another site discussing this topic, and if anyone want the link I'll be glad to give it.

It's easy to export to 3ds from Archicad.

View your model in the 3d window then Save As... Select 3DS for your file format and use whatever method you prefer. The easiest way is to use "materials" then all you need to do is replace the material selections with your Maya shaders and materials. Keep your units set to 1. You have less control for modeling and changing materials with this method because each material is an object.

Experiment with each method to see which works best for you.

Originally posted by keithg:

I am fairly new to Archicad, and familiar with Maya, and was wondering what the solution is to exporting files efficiently into Maya?