Forums format

Gonzalo

Hi Jeff,

like almost everybody here I think the site is great.

One thing I would change is the layout of the forums. I would consider doing it with frames, because to me it is cumbersome to go back and forth to change forums. Instead , if I could have, let's say the forums on a left frame and the messages in the right one I could click on both frames alternately and not go back and forth.Pretty much like a newsgroup reader\I don't know if this comment has been made before, if so , my mistake.

Thanks

Gonzalo

• Administrators

Thanks Gonzalo, but the forum is hardcoded by the company that makes the forum software, so it can not be changed. I suspect you are referring to the one by webboard, like the ones Discreet uses?

Besides, in the web development community Frames are right up there with lens flares in every rendering. ;) Frames = bad

[ August 22, 2002, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Jeff Mottle ]

Jeff, I know about the frames fobia around developers. Been there. What I was talking about was, as you correctly inferred, forums in a format similar to those Discreet uses or for lack of a better example, Outlook express' newsgroups reader.A format in which I dont have to go back and forth to change forums.

Cheers

Gonzalo