Fran

Last night, I upgraded to IE 6 sp1 on my Windows 2000 machine. Now the "You are not logged in" message will not update after I log in. In fact, the redirect function doesn't work any more. I'm also not sure how I'm going to log out. :???:

Has anyone else had this type of problem?

Hi Jeff,

While I'm posting this reply, "Displayed Name:" says "Fran [log out]", but up top, it says I'm not logged in. I set the privacy policy to the lowest level and it still doesn't work. Is there an ActiveX control I need to look at?

• Administrators

Try this. Go to "my profile" and press "Delete All Cookies Set by This Forum". I wonder if there are two sets of cookies and the SP1 install caused this to happen. Once all of the cookies are deleted, I'm guessing that you will be able to log back in and everything will be fixed.

Sorry Jeff, that didn't do it either. I'm not having a problem on my XP box, just the w2k one. Maybe my installation is slightly corrupt. Also, the redirect function that should take you to wherever you were before posting doesn't work either.

• Administrators

Hmmm, I'm really not sure then. I'm on XP and like you have no problems there. There is only one thing that it can be and that is cookies. So somehow that SP1 update in W2k is affecting them. How I am not really sure.

Is anyone else running IE SP1 on W2K. Are you having problems?

I'm on win2k IE6 sp1 - no problems. Check your security settings and maybe your firewall/antivirus program?

In IE have have the follwing settings:

- Security: Custom Level

- Privacy: Medium (this one deals with cookies)

Only other thing must be firewall / virus program.

Originally posted by xgarcia:

I'm on win2k IE6 sp1 - no problems. Check your security settings and maybe your firewall/antivirus program?

In IE have have the follwing settings:

- Security: Custom Level

- Privacy: Medium (this one deals with cookies)

Only other thing must be firewall / virus program.

Hi Xavier,

My settings are the same as yours, and nothing has changed with my firewall (router) or anti-virus software recently. I think I might have a quirky installation.Redirects fail on other websites as well. :(

Glad I have another box to fall back on, because now I am unable to log onto CGArchitects on my W2k one.