Up Close Articles

ArchitTrav

First and foremost this site is absolutely outstanding! I am an architecture student with an extreme fascination with architural cg and this site has proven to be my most valuable resource. I have an extreme appreciation for all forms of cg but it was a breath of fresh air when I stumbled upon a site that dealt solely with architectural cg.

The only crit that I can think of at the moment is that the Up Close articles haven't been updated in a month or so, maybe more. I really enjoy reading these up close and personal interviews with real cg professionals I'm just disappointed that there hasn't been a new interview posted in such a long time.

Aside from this minor crit I have to give you major congrats on putting together a stupendous site. Keep up the good work!

• Administrators

Thanks ArchitTrav!

Yes I know the upClose articles are horendously out of date. I've been so busy lately that I've not had time to do them I have a list the length of my arm of people I've told I would interview, but getting to it, is the biggest problem. I'm going to try to wrap a few things up this coming weekend. (A few interviews, the 2004 calender, and a new challenge) Been working 60+ hour weeks lately with Smoothe alone, and another 10+ just to keep CGA updated.

Sorry for the delay.

Yes I know the upClose articles are horendously out of date.
I disagree. What people said is still valid, even if it was said two years ago. In my case I've evolved how I work since then, but I don't think I know how to get to where I am without going through those stages along the way, so what I said is still useful. New interviews would be nice, but you should still read the old ones. Wisdom ages well.

I agree that the info in the older articles is invaluable info and I have read all of the articles in the up close archive. I didn't mean to give the impression that the information in the older articles is dated and useless I was only curious as to why no new articles had been posted in a while.

I see your point and I'm sorry if the way I worded my crit was a bit misleading. Thanks for the reply!

hi There

Jeff

invest heavily in CLONING or have a LOT of kids

They can (eventually) help you keep up the website

in The Mean Time what is it "we" can do to help you?

let us know what we can do to help you help us

There is only one of you but more of us

Thanks

Randy

i survived my 1st heart-attack at 21

dont want to live thru that again or

to see you do The Same