New user feedback

muzzy

Hi,

I don't have that much experience about web site design but those are the things that I found hard to reach or use..

It is hard to reach tutorials section. Especially new users can not find them. I think if there is a tutorial link on the main bar instead of resources, it will prevent new users to ask somee questions.

Also, tutorial folder can be re-arraged like ligthing, modeling, texturing sections.

Showing the tutorials in the first page, will increase the amount of new users. I prefer web sites which have good forum and tutorials.

Second idea is about forums..

How about moving some very good topics to tutorials or tips/ and techniques. And keep them as an archieve or resource.

When I do search in forum, I find very good discussions. Most of them are excellent tips and tutorials.

For example, "Let there be light" topic is very informative and can be moved to tips / techniques.

It is a topic that will be asked over and over...

Third idea is about news archieve....

Searching the old news is not easy or I don't know easier method :) . I searched all the news in past year and it took so much time to reach the one in 8 months ago. May be news can be categorized in months and years.

Fourth.. I agree with Dan J to having a Forum link in the main bar..

Those are my few cents. Thanks Jeff and all the moderators / contributors for creating a great web site.

[ January 04, 2004, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: muzzy ]