how about a test?

Gili c

Is there any banchmark or test between

final-render stage 1 and vray and brazil?

rendering the same scene on the same computer with diff renders so we could get an objective opinion about which is the best,faster,easy etc

I don't know of anything beyond people's opinions. It will be difficult for anyone to conclude which 'one', thouhg, because they would have to know each one as well as the other, which is next to impossible.

That said, it would be interesting to see how Stage-1 stacks up against the other two.

Really, you proably can't go wrong with any of them. Look at the options, the forums, etc., you'll see equally impressive results.

I'd really like to see more animations, too, and more standard materials (for Max, in general, I mean, I can buy any model I want, but doesn't anyone have a nice library of materials for sale??).

Someone has to do one sometime, though. It'll be interesting.

Thanx for the replys but what i mean is not a bunch of people saying their personal opinion.

They should make a banchmark , one person ' same computer same scene .

From my expiriance vray very fast and freindly.

F-render is slower and more complex

and brazil i don't know

we need a benchmark!!!

Hi Gili, do you have a scene you want to share so we can play with it in our preferred renderers? I think it might be difficult to evaluate which on is 'better' though as they all have unique qualities and differences. Personally I only use the one renderer as I waned to concentrate on getting it right.

i have seen a comparison of brazil/vray/arnold in the not too distant past on one of the cg art forums but from my own experience you can't compare like with like.............it's all down to workflow and how you relate to the particular package and how you understand the various functions knobs and whistles that a renderer brings to the table plus having an ability to perhaps emulate a particular look (remember the reams of psuedo "arnold" rendered images a couple of years ago)

having only seen final render in one office i worked in and limited experience of brazil and vray they will all produce exelent results

remember these are not "just add water" & instant art solutions although they certainly do help and another point of intrest.............

if you do a fair amount of freelancing it's wise to more than up to speed on the stock render engine of max which may well not have some of the glossy toys of other systems but does work

BigKahuna that was a good idea by nuno but the scene was too simple.

they didn't give enough info about rendering times.

i will start a new one soon

simple but effective (if u put in some more complex scenes, people will need to spend more time on it and perhaps they dont want that....

i agree with the lack of info.

looking forward to ur next unchallenge.... ;)

nuno