VRay 1.09.02u problems

Rick Eloy

Hey you guys!

I recently upgraded from version 1.08 to 1.09.02u and found a couple of issues I'd like to discuss. The first one is the fact that the VRay lights now have a skylight portal option. When is it better used?

The second is a bit weird. I was re-rendering an old scene (to compare performances between the old version and the new one), and, for my surprise, I got an image filled with bright spots. And I just can't get rid of them. I already asked on the VRay forum, but people don't seem to have an answer to that. have you guys ever been to that situation before? What's going on?

[]

Rick

1.08 to 1.09.02u, wow thats' a big leap ;)

What the skylight portal option does is, when you're doing an interior and you put Vray Lights at the openings to throw a lot more light into the space (assuming you've tried that technique), when you set a VRay Light as a Sky Portal it automatically takes on the Environment Settings, and updates as you adjust Environment parameters.

The bright spots issue I'm not sure about, but a lot has changed from 1.08 to 1.09.02u, but one thing it might be is if your Secondary Multiplier is over 1.0 you might get funny things happening. Set it below 1.0 and see if the spots go away.