Real Vs C.G.

troyw

It's been very interesting these past months to look at the wonderfull renderings put out by so many good artists.

But sometimes im forced to wonder how do these C.G. scenes compare to real world scenes. orangeno

Often C.G. scenes are tweaked and touched up to get the "right" lighting conditions.

As a young architectural designer I am not going to get into the quality of the designs :ebiggrin: , but the presentations themselves which could in some cases be missleading.

I could be totally off base here, maybe a few renderings of real spaces with a side by side comparison may help to convince me.

Links to examples anyone :)

i remember in lightscape gallery examples there is a perfect comparsion for what you are asking....i'm not at the office right now, but if anyone knows waht im talking about and has ls nearby, just post it.

tnx,

nuno

The Challenge Results

querystring = location.search;

rightPosi = querystring.indexOf("r=") + 2;

wrongPosi = querystring.indexOf("&w=") + 3;

right = querystring.substring(rightPosi, wrongPosi - 3);

wrong = querystring.substring(wrongPosi, querystring.length);

//document.write("You got " + right + " out of 10 answers correct.

");

document.write('spacer.gif

');

if (right == 0)

document.write("Oooops, Zero out of ten answers correct. The CG artists have done a really great job!

Why not try again? But if you're itching to see the answers and can't bear to delay gratification, you can see the answers instead!

");

if (right == 1)

document.write("Oooops, just one out of ten answers correct. The CG artists are keeping you on your toes!

Why not try again? But if you're itching to see the answers and can't bear to delay gratification, you can see the answers instead!

");

if (right == 2)

document.write("Two out of ten answers were correct. The CG images are good aren't they!

Try again because now you're ahead of the game. At least you now have two of the answers!

");

if (right == 3)

document.write("Three out of ten answers were correct.

Try again--look a little closer. Don't use the cheat sheet just yet because we know you can get a few more right!

");

if (right == 4)

document.write("Four out of ten answers were correct.

Why not try again--you're just warming up!

");

if (right == 5)

document.write("Five out of ten answers were correct.

Not bad. If this were school you'd still be on the role call, so don't quit just yet. Try again and you'll get 'em all!

");

if (right == 6)

document.write("Six out of ten answers were correct.

Pretty good ! The CG artists have worked really hard -- but you're still slightly ahead of the game!

");

if (right == 7)

document.write("Good! Seven out of ten answers were correct.

You have a good grip on reality. No need to see a therapist. Try again -- you might just qualify for the bonus round!

");

if (right == 8)

document.write("Very good! Eight out of ten answers were correct.

");

if (right == 9)

document.write("Excellent! Nine out of ten answers were correct

");

if (right == 10){

document.write("Excellent, a superior performance--ten out of ten answers were correct.

If you got a perfect score on the first try then you're a REAL genius. But, if it took a few tries, then we congratulate you on your perseverance for it shows the CG artists are keeping you guessing. Now check out the bonus round -- if you dare!

");

document.write('

button_gobonus.gif
');

//document.write("Go for perfection. You missed " + wrong + ". Try again and see if you can get ten correct answers and qualify for the bonus round.");

}

Good! Seven out of ten answers were correct.

You have a good grip on reality. No need to see a therapist. Try again -- you might just qualify for the bonus round!

COOL ! I have a pretty well trained eyes?