Renderers for Viz3

psyanide

After seeing the finalRender and Vray images on a recent thread, I figured I should at least try one of them out.

My office has a couple of Viz3 licenses (might only be one and the rest Viz2, I'll need to look them out), and was wondering if they could plug into Viz3. I asked on the other thread, and the response was yes. I'm asking again to find out whether I would have to get our copies of Viz upgraded to Viz4.

Also, which one has the shallowest learning curve? (I have used max before, and I have been using Accurender for the past few years)

TIA

puuuh, at least it´s again a question of taste. i can´t be very clinical, because i love vray. i have worked with both and both are great. the user interface of vray is much clearer and easy to learn. the main question is: what renderings are you doing ? for "archivis" i think vray is much faster and cleaner.

it´s a hard dicision. you have to try both. there is a vray demo for testing. stage1 i don´t know.

just one thing left. in my opinion brazil is the best renderer concerning quality and look. i love brazil. at the end of the year i will buy me brazil for my own pleasure. for the everyday work where time is an important point, brazil is useless. regardless what the guys from splutterfish say. hudge arch. renderings with brazil ? it´s impossible unless you have weeks for it. the last office i worked for used brazil (a LEGAL version. conny from splutterfish knows what i mean !!). it was fun to work with, but when it came to rendering....puuuhhh. so we changed to vray. now that i have my own office i have bought vray and i´m very very very happy with it. and teh support is exellent.

for "archvis" gi is an important point. you can work with bouncelights as in the early days, but hey....that´s what i call progress :) for that point the right renderer is much more important than the 3d-tool you use.

for that point the right renderer is much more important than the 3d-tool you use.

True, as is the peripheral that goes between the chair and the keyboard ;)

Just about everyone is sticking GI into their render engines now fortunately.

Thanks for the info.