trying to post image

markf

Hi,

I am trying to upload a finshed rendering to the forum. I don't really understand the url dialog box. I have a web site but am not sure how to enter the url to the exact image in the gallery section of my site.

I tried the upload utility feature. It seems that there is a verticle scroll bar missing. The bottom of the dialog box has cut of info and I can't see any part of it that allows me to upload my image.

I suspect this is some real obvious misunderstanding in my part so forgive me if this all seems obvious.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Administrators

First off, what browser are you using? I'm curious as to why the Upload dialog is getting cut off.

I know it works in IE, unless it's really old. As a rule I don't support Netscape becuase it's the most useless browser on the face of the planet and they don't follow standardised HTML protocol. I don't test on Opera or any other browers because the make up less than 0.5% of my total traffic. Still I'd be curious to know.

Second if you wish to serve the image from your site simply upload the image to your server and link to the URL either with plain text in the post or with the image tag button. If you put your image in the images folder just off of the root of your website you would specify http://www.mywebsite/images/myimage.jpg

Make sense?

First off, what browser are you using? I'm curious as to why the Upload dialog is getting cut off.
That happens to me, as well. This is with IE 6.0XP-sp1, recently updated to the latest security hole spit-and-toiletpaper patch. The text for the upload utility goes off the bottom of the window that opens up. The only way to get down to the 'browse' button is to select the text, and it scrolls it down.

Now I shouldn'y be USING the upload utility--I have plenty of my own webspace. It's just a hassle to publish files onto the site--its VERY easy to use your uploader. Sorry, Jeff---I'll try to be less lazy in the future.

• Administrators

Hmmm, that is really odd. I am on XP Pro, IE 6.0.2800 SP1 and there is about 5 lines below the submit button on my screen. Not that this should affect anything, but what resolutin are you running. Could you email me a screen shot?

• Administrators

Ok I know what it is now! I'll add this to my list of things to fix. The text is plain HTML text and is subject to the whims of the browser. If you have your default text size set larger than Medium then it will scroll off the page. I'll implement some Style sheets so that the text size is locked in. In the meantime you can either go to theView -> Text Size menu in IE and choose medium or Ctrl + Mouse scroll to cycle through the text sizes.

Hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Jeff Mottle:

Can you guys check the upload utility page now to see that it looks ok? I've implemented some CSS for that page so I think it will work now. I just have to see that the font size I chose it ok.

Dunno what you did, but this is what it looks like here

filepush.asp?file=desktp.jpg

• Administrators

Hey Ernest,

Great glad that fixed it. Sorry it took so long to get to it. So far I have not deleted or removed any images and at this time do not plan to. If I did it would create broken links all over the place. I think that would drive me nuts and I would probably buy new hardrrives for the server before I did that. As is all of the images to date only take up 100MB and I have 51.4GB free.

Some figures if you are interested:

The entire CGA website: 17.4GB

Image gallery folder: 179MB

log files 16.5GB

Actual site only (less log files) 900MB

Log files are about 100-120MB a day. :)