ADT 3.3

STRAT

Hi Strat

I have found that ADT 3.3 feels a bit more stable that ADT 3 but I do not think that there is more functionally. ADT 3.3 bought ADT 3 to the 2002 CAD platform.

Rather than go to ADT 3.3, I would recommend that you upgrade to ADT 4 which represents a major step forward in ADT especially with the usability. A lot of the objects have been refined and the interface and operation has improved significantly. The interface uses a lot of “Drag and Drop” operations showing the influence of Revit. From a rendering perspective, I do not see Viz Render as a replacement for Viz. The object definitions in ADT4 control the modeling and materials and the Viz Render produces the images. Changes in geometry take place in ADT and Viz Render has no modeling capability. Note that ADT 4 does not directly support Viz 4 dwg linking in 2004 format but saving files back to 2002 format will allow geometry linking. I guess we will soon see something that will link Viz render models to Viz – or what ever replaces it.

Hope this helps

Kerry