Tutorial Ideas

TheAllusionisst

I have used ADT 2.0 and 3.3 and actually was the Cad Manager at a firm and instituted ADT. That being said I am by know means an expert and still struggle with certain functions that should be simple but do not appear to be. I thought maybe the experts around here can make things more clear?

My first question is on setting up a flexible storefront system. This should be a default assembly for ADT, but I have found myself struggling with the parameters at times to get what I want. Both vertical and horizontal mullions and inserting or faking a door are areas that I don't think should be that difficult, but at times seem to be problematical.

Anyone care to shed some light on the subject?

Hi

For a store front, I would also use a window assembly object with a series of nested grids to maintain the mullion and frames settings. Define door and windows, without frames and use them as infill panels in the assembly. You can also edit the assembly in place, in 3D and override individual occurrences of the store front. It is also possible to generate a store front from 2D elevation line drawings of the store front.

The process can be daunting and is easier using ADT4 compared to previous releases. If you can be a bit more specific about the storefront you are looking at, I may be able to help further.

Kerry Thompson

Thanks,

I don't have a specific problem at the moment, it just seems to be problem that comes up. and the ADT Properties dialogue is not very intuitive. I just thought a generic one with horizontal and verticals with doors that could be edited, and how to edit it, would be a good topic. It may be just myself and collegues that think ADT fell short in an area it should excel at.

Thanks again.