Revit to Max

Arnel

No, no problem for me at all. Revit is great with VIZ4, if you follow the instruction of Revit white paper : "Using Autodesk Revit with Autodesk VIZ".

http://www3.autodesk.com/adsk/files/2436357_Revit_VIZ.pdf

It's very easy to set up, takes only a minute to do. Once set up , it will link Revit to VIZ/MAX through file link menu which will update accordingly with your Revit changes. I have not encounter ANY normal / face problem yet. Just remember not to "unify normals" in the import file link menu option.

-RM

Originally posted by Arnel:

Hi guys, anybody here have tried modeling in revit and rendered in max? Is there any problem with face normal & etc?

I think if you just use default export profile in Revit, the export will be "okay-ish", except that the doors/windows frames will be same colour and same group, making material assignment a little bit harder. You need to tweak the export profile a bit yourself to get the BEST result.

(I hope Autodesk is smart and actually provide a perfect export profile as default for the next version, I mean, it won't take them a second to do and it will benefit the newbies and the experienced revit users from setting one up themself)

-RM

Hi Nevian your idea of just exporting revit file into dwg file then link to max/viz is a very tedious process as you will lost all the automatic assignment of material id at sub-object level thus making the whole process very cumbersome.

The best procedure is the one in the autodesk whitepaper in which you have to convert your revit file into layers with sub-object material id assignment prior to linking to max/viz.

Regards,