Exporting Problem

Arnel

Hi guys i've just gone through the autodesk whitepaper on how to link revit file to viz/max. Then i got stuck with the color id assignment. Whenever i change the subcomponent id the other subcomponent will follow the same id number i've already assigned to the previous subcomponent.

To have a clearer picture for example a door object by default i think the color id assignment is 1.

Door Object:

Frame : color id 1

Glass : color id 1

Panel : color id 1

Then i would like to change the frame color id to say 251, 141, 41 respectively which is the standard color id used by ADT but the problem is when i changed the frame color id to 251 the glass and panel will also follow suit to 251. Same with the glass or panel.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

The reason why it all change simulatenously is because they they all have the same layer name.

They are all linked, you have change the names of those items, Say, the layer names have to change.

THEN you can change the color id number.

-RM

Originally posted by Arnel:

Hi guys i've just gone through the autodesk whitepaper on how to link revit file to viz/max. Then i got stuck with the color id assignment. Whenever i change the subcomponent id the other subcomponent will follow the same id number i've already assigned to the previous subcomponent.

To have a clearer picture for example a door object by default i think the color id assignment is 1.

Door Object:

Frame : color id 1

Glass : color id 1

Panel : color id 1

Then i would like to change the frame color id to say 251, 141, 41 respectively which is the standard color id used by ADT but the problem is when i changed the frame color id to 251 the glass and panel will also follow suit to 251. Same with the glass or panel.

Any idea how to solve this problem?