Congratulations

STRAT

Further to your welcome thread, i'd just like to say...

A huge congrats on an even smoother running forum, cracking new face-lift, more features, fully proffessional outlook and a generally enjoyable place to hang out.

All ur hard work definately paid off.

Cheers Jeff :)

yep!

Only thing i dont like of the new forum is that the minimun word size is 10 letters to reply.

Which means there cant be any "yes" or "no" type of answers.

Other than that, nice too see this new interface.

PS: BTW, is there going to be a backup of the old forum threads? the really old ones, i tried to access an old thread but i couldnt.

the new board is without a doubt one of the more powerful robust boards that i have used.

with all things, there are always a few things that you would do to make it more to your liking...

1. i miss the 're:' in front of the messages that reply to the original post. i know i can look right next to it, and see that it is not the first post, but on the main page, where it lists 10 now instead of 5, they all look like first posts.

2. the bubble button looking graphics for the 'reply' and 'post reply', ect... buttons. i would rather see slick distinctive graphics in place of those. a nice 2d looking graphic. it may just be personal taste, but i have never appreciated button graphics that are designed to emulate real buttons that are beveled.

....but like i said, these are my opinion, and i am not claiming my opinion to be humble.

• Administrators

1. i miss the 're:' in front of the messages that reply to the original post. i know i can look right next to it, and see that it is not the first post, but on the main page, where it lists 10 now instead of 5, they all look like first posts.

I'm affraid there is not much I can do about that one. This is a completely different software so they do work differently. I suspect some talented PHP programmer could hack the board, but I think this one is just something you will have to get used to.

2. the bubble button looking graphics for the 'reply' and 'post reply', ect... buttons. i would rather see slick distinctive graphics in place of those. a nice 2d looking graphic. it may just be personal taste, but i have never appreciated button graphics that are designed to emulate real buttons that are beveled.

I will rework all the graphics once they release the graphic development kit and I launch CGA2. It's a lot of work to re-sesign all the graphics for this forum (there are probably over 150 of them), so that may be coming.

• Administrators

Only thing i dont like of the new forum is that the minimun word size is 10 letters to reply.

Which means there cant be any "yes" or "no" type of answers.

I can set this to anything. However I find replies that are less than that length are usually not helpful or informative. If it becomes a problem I'll look at lowering it.

PS: BTW, is there going to be a backup of the old forum threads? the really old ones, i tried to access an old thread but i couldnt.

Every thread that was on the new forum is also here. Nothing is missing. The only thing that currently does not work are links to phyiscal pages wtihin the forum becuase they referenced the old forum. The vB importer developer is looking into this, but I have no timelone on if or when that corrrection coudl happen.

• Administrators

I guess I was wrong. The forum has the option to enable the RE: in all posts. All new posts now should be prefixes with RE: post title. However the user is free to change that if they like.

Every thread that was on the new forum is also here. Nothing is missing. The only thing that currently does not work are links to phyiscal pages wtihin the forum becuase they referenced the old forum. The vB importer developer is looking into this, but I have no timelone on if or when that corrrection coudl happen.

yeah!>.thats it....thats what i meant.