Gallery

maranello55

hi,

i don't know how to do that with vray, but you might want to try with a simple raytracing max material.

concrete map in the diffuse slot, falloff set on fresnel for reflections (about 70), and a mix bump map (i gave a try to a cellular map + diffuse concrete, about 60).

i rendered these tests with brazil public. first one just skylight, second one skylight + a direct light.

Try this:

Turn off Fresnel Reflections

Keep reflection value at about 100

Make Glossiness about .9

You can turn down the subdivisions and also check "use interpolations" - it will be faster. I used '20' subdivisions with interpolation and looked fine.

If you want more blurry reflections, just reduce glossiness to .8 or .7

hi,

i don't know how to do that with vray, but you might want to try with a simple raytracing max material.

concrete map in the diffuse slot, falloff set on fresnel for reflections (about 70), and a mix bump map (i gave a try to a cellular map + diffuse concrete, about 60).

i rendered these tests with brazil public. first one just skylight, second one skylight + a direct light.

DO not use RAYTRACE materials with Vray, they dont get along.

Actually avoid any thing that contains the word "raytrace" when working with Vray, inlcuding Raytrace shadows.

You can try with what the others said.

You can also just add a "vraymap" into your reflection map slot, and adjust the %.

DO not use RAYTRACE materials with Vray, they dont get along.

Actually avoid any thing that contains the word "raytrace" when working with Vray, inlcuding Raytrace shadows.

You can try with what the others said.

You can also just add a "vraymap" into your reflection map slot, and adjust the %.

my bad, as i said i don't know vray. max materials work just fine with brazil (both raytracer and non-raytracer), and i assumed they would do the same with vray. i don't know why i thought so, wrong assumption.

I found out that Brazil acts a little weird when you try to use standard and raytrace mat with it. I dunno but I prefer sticking to their own material. I am using Vray now and I am using it with their materials even though its not as many as BRazil's shader.