Your opinion guys!!

lucho

Hi everybody

I am new with 3d studio, i only have 1 week working with this stuff, well, in this image i been working with the light but I am trying to do some more realistic, basically what i have to do to make this scene realistic?, :rolleyes: i want to create a brightness light falling by the window at the right i dont know how to create this please help... finally i have to say the design is mine.. thanks guys i hope an answer :)

Hi Alicja:

Well, the function of this room is a living room for a beach house, a open space with concrete floors and white walls, a minimalist space, the lights are outside of the house and i have put some lights inside the room (omni) in fact the lights outside the room are omni too, but if you notice there some punctual lights basically two iluminating the wall with the red square(i will put on this a painting), my intention is create a space at the morning (8 or 9 a.m), and create an interesting game of lights between the open space(a courtyard) at the left of the image and the interior space (the living room), what do you think about this image? and how i enhance the image?, i have been working hard on this image... i am new with 3D studio ;) , and is good to receive an opinion of you Alijca, i have been reading some of your posts and i think you know what you say... thanks a lot.. if somebody wants to make a opinion you are welcome!!

Hi Luis,

Is that a glass column? Hmm. Nevermind that for now. Have you tried using radiosity with the daylight system? Give it a shot. Read posts about how to set it up. It seems like this is a space that would look awesome with daylighting and some accent lights. Just curious, why is there a handrail separating the two spaces?

Hi Saturn :)

I didnt use radiosity because when i generate the render with radiosity the image and the materials looks overexposed (am i doing something wrong??), about the handrail it was a client "caprice" :rolleyes: , the column at the left has a wrong material; yes, it looks like glass but i want a concrete texture for the column,but when i put a concrete texture it looks dark, i placed a light iluminating the collumn but even looks dark (another problem).

I hope to enhance the image, thanks for your comments what do you think about the window light of the right, how can i enhance it??

See you soon Saturn

Hi jiraffe!!

well, i was seeing the tutorials they are very good, and of course the are going to help me, but i need an opinion about this render , how it looks??, bad or good?, is the perspective ok? ,things like that... thanks a lot for the tutorials

See you soon

Lucho ;)

Hi Luis,

In response to the radiosity question, you would need to turn down the rgb intensity in the diffuse map under output. It is set a 1.0. Also, anvanced lighting override material works wonders for color bleed, indirect light bump, etc. You might have to do this for a lot of materials. The column problem you are having sounds like you just need to turn the rgb intensity up. Also, make sure that the diffuse map of the material is at 100%. Anything lower reduces the bightness of the material. These are my observations of course. I don't think that adding another light is the solution because you want to go for the "realistic" view, right? The way the person got the window to light up like that is to increase the contrast in the exposure control box that you would use during radiosity. I understand that you are requesting help with this image, but sometimes the best way to teach is to use examples of other work and relate to your own. So do the tutorials, because they are VERY helpful.