Interior rendering with brazil

myungssuh

hi,

I've just started using Brazil. I think I figured out a pretty effective way to set up the lights for exterior renderings but can't seem to achive the quality I want with interior renderings. I'm looking for ways to setup interior renderings with brazil. (daytime rendering without any artificial lighting in particular) what type of light(lights), gi settings, etc.

Any suggestions ?

Regards

there are basically two ways, one using QMC gi with a strong direct light and the other one with photons. if your scene is an iterior illuminated just by sun light then the first one is the most difficoult to set up and usually it requires longer render times than photons.

let's say that this is your case: an iterior shot with direct sunlight (assuming you're using either RIO or brazil commercial version but not the public test). what you need is a direct light (spot, direct or area) with a strong multipier (i'd say 1,5-2 or something like that), skylight, and, if you want to save time, just 1 bounce. these kind of scenes usually require both high sampling and AA settings, but i'd live the shade rate in a ratio of min. -3 max 0 (this si adaptive sampling). to get to a luminous scene you'd problably have to play around with exposure and gamma in the exposure panel. high exposure (1,5-2) will give you a brighter and in a way saturated image, high gamma value will increase luminousity without contrast or saturation. if you can afford longer render times then try with 2 or more bounces. you might want to check a couple of test i did with the "let there be light" scene, the settings are indicated (last post):

http://www.cgarchitect.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4708&page=18&pp=10

photons are completely different and much faster than QMC. many people consider photon mapping the best choice for interior scenes. i'll try to post some settings example later on today, but i'd suggest you to try different settings and values with a very simple scene.