what is the best program for stitching photos together for 360 VR

Tom

Hi there,

I am looking at creating online 360 views with photos that have been stitched together. Can anyone suggest what a good prog is for stitching them? what viewers are available? I have used QTVR and liked it but is there anything thta is a lighter download out there?

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction,

Thanks a mill,

Tom

Tom,

Realviz Stitcher is excellent if a little pricey. Artefact removal tools are good for situations where something moves between shots e.g. cars and people.it It can handle tricky stuff like trees that have lost their foliage in the winter. Equalisation between images is also good.

I use VR Worx to stitch the VR's together but don't rate it for stitching together images to form panoramas.

Jim

Thanks for the help, I briefly looked at Photocad and Ipix,

Ipix seems confusing and is a poor site (International one), the Photocad seems real good and the examples were exactly what I am looking for. The question I have on it is that on the gallery for PhotoCad it says at the bottom of the page 'all images from realviz" Do they just mean the photos? why would it direct some user to another site especially when they make a competing software? (Sticher)

Say I just want to move/look around in a left to right motion i.e there is no need to look up towards the sky or down towards the ground, can this be done easily with such software?

thanks

Tom

Am I right in saying that PhotoCAD is Stitcher, looking at the tuts on the Photocad site the interface is the same as Stitcher, and when you look at the gallery on the Photocad site is says all images are supplied by RealVIZ (makers of stitcher)

Tom

Fisheye or "regular" lens?

If you are going to use a fisheye lens there are not so many choices... unless you want to pay by panorama. (IPIX)

Try Panoweaver pro from easypano (PSD export/import)

Beware of misaligned CCDs (Nikon coolpix have had problem before... maybe still has)