Congrats to Rick Eloy, & the Gallery

Paul Griger

He crossed over to the "other side" of Jeff’s web site and is the featured artist in the gallery today! Nice job. cool2.gif

http://www.cgarchitect.com/gallery/image_spotlight.asp?fileName=montagem

I hate to admit it, but I rarely visit the rest of the website here, I have to make more of an effort to visit the home page here more often.

After looking over the artists featured at in the gallery it struck me that there are very few artists featured there that I recognize from here in the forum.

Is it strange to anyone else that predominantly the featured artists there don’t hang with us here on Jeff’s BB?

Not saying that’s there is anything wrong with it, just struck me as a bit odd that the featured artists in the gallery don’t typically participate in the BB and the active members here don’t typically have pics featured in the gallery. I’d expect the two areas to have more crossover than what I noticed.

Hi Paul

yeah, i wondered that too, where are they all?.

but about the gallery, i think u got the wrong end of the stick.

i could be wrong here but i was under the impression thats all you had to do was submit work to the gallery and it gets displayed. i dont think there are any special rules or anything to get on it, but just submit something.

i've been in it and all i did was submit a piccy.

i could be wrong here as i say as i dont know how Jeff vets the submissions, i pressumed he just posts them up weather they're top notch or mediocre. Jeff???

(btw, not taking anything away from Rick's imagery here as it's damn fine work)

Hi Strat,

I have the same understanding as you when you say that “the impression thats all you had to do was submit work to the gallery and it gets displayed.”

I am just surprised that with all of the skilled users here in the BB that they don’t submit their work for the gallery more often. And vise versa, that all of the skilled users in the gallery don’t appear here in the BB more often.

It’s like your right hand not knowing that the body has a left hand also. The two “hands”, the gallery and the BB, seem like they would be dependant on each other, but it seems as it stands now that the two work independently of each other.

I hope that Jeff doesn’t get the idea that I was implying that he has a prejudice against any submissions from the BB users. eek2.gifredface2.gif

• Administrators

Hey Guys,

Yes I do personally choose every image that gets submitted to the galery. I only post about 25 % of the images that actually get submitted. Some days I am more picky that others. All depends on my mood. I try to keep the level of submission the same, but inevitably with onyl one person judging, it's hard to do. I plan to put in place a system to have manye people (slected judges) that can judge thourgh an automated system. All in the elusive CGA2.....which seems to keep gettng pushed back again and again....

So regardsless of who you are, sometimes your images don't get posted. Actually I try not to look at the names while I evaluate, so that there are no biases. However after having revieed literally 1000's of images, I can usually pick out people's individual sytles and know just by looking at the image who did it. As scarry as that is. ;)

Amyway I to wonder why more of the community does not participate on the forums....perhaps they just lerk ...

• Administrators

This is not true. While the purpose of the gallery is not so people can post their entire portfolios, there is no reason you should not submit your work. Maybe you have work that is of the calibre of the others on the site now.

Also, now that I know that Jeff rejects 75% of images I'm probably just as well posting my own work on to my portfolio site.

Hi rick...

Good question you're asking... Suprisingly it struck me before too, but I don't know an answer too... I only know for myself, who only posted once in a wip/final image. Maybe we should all work to it (post more or join the forums)...

rgds

nisus

• Administrators
Sorry Jeff I've misunderstood you but you did say,"I only post about 25 % of the images that actually get submitted."

I agree with you that more judges would make it a better system

Yes I only post about 25% of the submitted images. While many are very good I have tried to keep the submission requirements high. And yes it would be fair to have more judges, and I will do my best to add this on CGA2.

Cheers,

Jeff