Toon renderer

Dave Jones

Hi, I use Viz4, currently only ever rendering with the default scanline renderer. But i have now had the brazil rio trial type edition renderer to play around with for a few weeks, and i am thinking of purchasing the full version.

What other options are there for me when my main requirement is toon rendering? Obviously though i would be likely to use brazil for all projects etc if purchase it.

I know of finaltoon, but have never been able to really get an idea of how it compares with brazil with regard especially with value for money.

I work for an architects firm, and use about 10 of our computers to net render animations and high res images overnight, am i right in saying if i move over to any other renderer i must pay extra for the priviledge to do this too?

Any recomendations?

Thanks for the suggestions of sketchup and illustrate rivoli.

I've tried a demo version of illustrate, its clearly nowhere near as feature rich as plugins such as finaltoon and brazil, but one feature i found very eyecatching is its ability to generate vector based files such as dxf and ai files, very useful in an architectural practice.

I also watched the demo for sketchup, although this is a good tool for preliminary "ideas" it really lacks any of the quality i would be looking for in my finished renders and animations.

Finaltoon seems to be a very suitable candidate based upon the review reffered to by mbr.

It's just annoying that a demo version seems to be only available to users of max6, or at least that the case on http://www.turbosquid.com, I always like to try sofware before i buy, i don't suppose anyone knows if there is a demo version available elsewhere for finaltoon?

Will post results, as you say, once ive made my choice and used it for a project.

Cheers