POST ur CG imagen

DelfoZ

i made one imagen , just a test . i like it. isnt the big thing. but i like it. i want to share ir.

If u Can Post some images like that here gonna be a good Topic :)

Images with some relation with CG architect page or something like that ..

this is the mine

cgroom.jpg

if u dont see the pic , here the URL

• 2 months later...

nah the other images are rubbish!! Only kidding.

I thought the shadows we cg. Thatis real effective. Cos that is one thing you look for.

Also the roofs of all the buildings look over exposed reducing any cg problems, nice!

The main thing that really works is the reflections. Are these random reflections are off the actual road?

Also how did you do the reflects? IS it part of the glass or are they reflecting the image?

Very impressive for a welsh guy strat! lol

One more question, but are redrow happy about you using the photo in the last image to motagethe building with, don't they want you to dress it up a bit. I've found developers hate to see road signs in the way and mess on the roads etc cos it makes their building look like its in a bad/busy area etc. Just wondering

Also, the only thing that does stick out, is the plane for the existing building in front, it needs a little depth or it might fall over!

Redrow were fine with what we gave them. the more clutter and mess just added to the realism. the existing facade in the front is only a texture map too. in hindsight i would have made a better job of it but time constraints at the time dictated not.

yes, i only get 2d cad drawings and photo info to start.

generally, for a project like this, i'd probably get about 3 weeks average from start to finish, and this includes a whole package of images i did, not just the piccy you see here. This might seem a long time, but i'm always working on 2 or 3 other jobs in paralell to the one im on at the time.

But, this was an extremely tight rushed job, so i worked about 4 days and nights in a row and got it finished in less than 5 working days.

Strat, how do you do window divisions are they 3d, or just wire materials applied to mesh.Ive been using the latter lately and found it a much quicker way to model and reduce filesize in multistoreys such as this.

The amount of modelling in this is deceptive as you do one floor and copy weld etc.Or how?

Great lighting and rendering. Bit perturbed about old building being crushed between legs of new.Developers!!!

foxlee - as you can see here, it's 3d mesh. the windows have 50mm wide frames, but do depth to them, only i had to save on time and files size, other wise i use a 50mm deep frame generally on my windows. yes, the top and bottom floors are individual, but the middle floors are 1 floor copied several times. all instances to so if changes are needed i only need change 1 level.

filepush.asp?file=acad-7.jpg

thx for reply

i could not tell from the image, and it generally seems to work in distance shots not close-ups.

If i attach wire material to mesh ,i do get problems with raytracing,ie invisible edges start showing in reflections,so i exclude these from global exclude of raytrace materials.

• 2 months later...