Bonsoir et MERCI!!

Hum, I sounds like I have to introduce myself as a matter of great urgency :o

So, I'm architect since 1998 after degrees at School of Architecture of Versailles in France.

My experience in 3D has began during my architecture's studies and allowed me to start to work during those ones, as one of the few who introduced CAO-DAO in agencies. I became this way rapidly a 3D addict (I was already an image and comic addict), along with one of the first release of 3DStudio, I think it could be 3ds02 on an powerful 486dx33:-).

Thereby, I choosed for example to write my research paper on the book titled « les villes invisibles » from Italo Calvino, and a big part of it was consisting in cg imagery of concept coming from this great work.

I think presently that architecture studying was for me the way to blend my scientist baccalaureat with an old passion for drawing. On the other hand, I have still difficulties to choose between architecture and CG illustration: those two backgrounds and set of skills complement one another and all together, it is one of my passions.

So, I have worked from long as a freelance architect and as an « CG Viz hard-working craftsman » for other architecture's agencies, designers, companies and more specifically their "corporate" communication departments.

Since few month, three fellow members and me have created an architecture's limited company in which I'm in charge of AV and BIM's integration (this last being much less funny for my taste).

My workflow is turned towards VectorWorks for an hybrid 2d/3D architectural project's drawing, - Cinema4D (thanks to FC4D communauty) for specific details, complex modeling or modeling oustide the field of architecture vizualisations and endless -VrayforCinema4D as my render engine. I think often I have been very lucky to found so complementary and powerfull softwares which combine so well together.

Concerning "young souls", at first, I did the picture because I didn't have a lot of classical references in my portfolio. However, as long I decide to make one, I decide I'd rather make one I could delight in, and combine pleasure with business. In other words, I certainly tried to make something more narrative and more uncluttered than the usual AV production I have to do.

This way, I've tried to transpose a vision of the meaning of Foucault's pendulum, to be found in the Pantheon of Paris, i.d. for example an interesting contrast between science and the first vocation of this architecture before it became a civil monument.(I'm forced to say that I was very "inspired" by the two little ones in the vizualisation too:-) )

So « young souls » may be the results of a lucky alchemy.

Neverthless, what is nice with this picture is that AV customers are very interested in this kind of illustration too, even if they still prefer more descriptive pieces less risky.

Ouf.

Hopefully my english is understandable :-)

Thanks for the unbelievable welcome, nice to meet you and congratulations for all the nominees!!