High End Stone and Marble texture Collection

pastor

Hello guys,

I just published a stone texture Collection with a wide array of marble, natural

stone, granit, travertine and basalt.

I took the pictures in a natural stone factory site on large blocks (some of them was 3.80 m wide !) it was very interesting and impressive to carry such heavy stone with a dedicated crane equipped with hydrolic suction discs.

1284971268.jpg

My goal was to provide a good choice of high resolution quality textures with large real life dimensions, so it allow you to reduce the pattern effect typical of most of others available textures Please tell me if you find this collection pertinent and what you think about the product, the presentation etc..

some photoshop layers are also provided to make joints for your own customized slab/tiles

if you have any remarks ...

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/557096

Thanks

1) No advertising on the boards. Period.

2) The textures would need a lot of prep work if the preview I am seeing is an indication of what the overall texture looks like. You need to spend time making them both seamless and tillable for them to be extremely useful for texturing. If you were going to make panels you would need a minimum of 4 different vein variation in each direction to keep them from reading as a repeatable texture. Even then, you run the risk of it looking repeated.

3) http://www.cgtextures.com/textures.php?t=browse&q=37494

Edited by Crazy Homeless Guy

The textures would need a lot of prep work if the preview I am seeing is an indication of what the overall texture looks like. You need to spend time making them both seamless and tillable for them to be extremely useful for texturing. If you were going to make panels you would need a minimum of 4 different vein variation in each direction to keep them from reading as a repeatable texture. Even then, you run the risk of it looking repeated.

Thank you for your comments

I think my presentation need to be improved because apparently you didn't understood that:

1/ half of the pictures have been taken in high resolution on large blocks (between 2m and 3.5 meter wide real world) so you can cut many small portions in the main texture to achieve your own customized slab ( the diversity of tile possible variations are so enormous so it is impossible to fullfit all the potentials needs ) . and for this, I made a tool as a photoshop file with differents joints layers (and photoshop guides) to do the task

2/ all my textures have been processed (to remove lighting gradient, distortion, spots etc ..)

and half of them (mostly texture with small vein variation like granit , natural stone ...) are seamless and tileables ... when the veins are very bold and their shape are very recognizable it is not very usefull to make them tileable since the repetition is going to be very visible anyway

3/ in real world for marble, in some case, Slabs ARE repetitive , ( just slighty differents )

I'm going to change the description, since english is not my natural language, I need to improve step after step my explanations

Thank you for showing me cg textures but I'm already a customer of this very good website. I shooted this collection because cg texture doesn't provide a so big choice as it seems (it's almost impossbile because there is so much variety in matter of marbles..)

Edited by pastor