CULT 3D/ Turn Tool for MAC

Cesar R

Is there something like those packges for MAC that would work with C4D or a .3ds file and baked textures. I plan to model in archicad, tecture and render in c4d, but what about the interactivity. I have to porduce a demo home interior soon and I am missing one piece to the puzzle.

help.

Cesar,

Sorry this is off topic, but I know you are student currently using Archicad,ZoomGDL and C4D. I was wondering what your experience with speed and usuability of the current version of Archicad and C4D. I have a 1ghz powerbook , but would like to buy a new G5 machine this week and need to know if the single processor units are O.K or if I need to bite the bullet and purchase a dual 2ghz machine. I think I'm finally ready to make the switch from Vectorworks.

• 2 weeks later...

Cesar,

you might want to take a look at Anark Studio. Its really a multimedia presentation tool but it has some pretty good 3D interactivity features. There is a version for OSX (recently released)

www.anark.com

The demo is worth a look at and it seems pretty easy to get something up and running. it might be of interest.

phillip

I am working on a 1.8 gig G5 with 1.5 gig of ram. It runs great. The update to 8.1 should help, and should be out in 4 weeks or so.

As for interactive presentation software... not to sure. Are you looking to walk through the building in realtime? fully textured. This is where exporting to a game engine such as quake or UT would be killer.

eon reality has a powerfull, but expensive software for realtime exploration of 3d space, but it is windows only.