Omni_light..

shikodesign2000

Before you put that object, go to the omni's Exclude window and change it to Include. Then, put everything you want to be included in that light's influence on the list. Doing that, everything you create/import/merge afterwards will be automatically excluded (or not included) from that light.

Hey shikodesign, Exclude/Include dialog can be very confusing for users sometimes. If you are working in a complex scene now, do not test what exclude/include does if you are unsure about the results it produces. It is best to start a new scene and add two or three objects to the scene then add the Omni light. Test you can get the effect you want playing with Exclude/Include dialog box. Thats the best method to understand what Exclude/Include does. Hope it helps.

Hi Prince, I'll be specific in what I need exactly: I'm working in exterior night scene for compound project (hotel,mall,residential,offices), and I need to show large areas of interiors for 4 floors heights, I haven't time for photoshop solutions, so 3d is my only way, especially that I'm working on strong machine, so I'm not worry about memory.

My only hope is to find way to add any object whenever I need without being included to the large numbers of omnis that already there, so I haven't to pass on all these omnis again to exclude any addtional objects.

I tried attenuation properties, but it didn't give good effects, also I think omnis are good for memory so I'll not think to use other kinds for interior spaces.

Again: when you include things in a light's influence, they will be influenced by it. What I said is that if you change to Include, everything NOT ON THE LIST will be automatically excluded, so new objects won't be affected by the omnis (because they will not be on the list). Only the objects on the list will be affected.