Architecture Student, Visualization Enthusiast, Helvetica Evangelist

ericmlaine

its always good to have someone excited about the industry join the community... Welcome to CGA.

For your image, I would back the camera out a bit and give the structure some breathing room, and add the camera correction modifier... some context and reflections on the glass would help a lot too.

Welcome, and nice start. As for the image... how in detail do you want to go? I've always felt that for architecture school the design and the best expression of it is more important than the technical presentation aspects of the render, so if I may, what we have here is an interpretation of some classic Corb which makes me immediately think, the plan is the generator so focus on that, and see what you can do to make the curtain walls disappear (those mullions could be a lot smaller or go away all together). The columns are on the slender side, I don't think you could actually build it, so consider taking the representation NPR (realistic render creates expectations of realistic building, and a minimalist image leads to more examination of what's there than you may be looking for). What type of building is it anyway?

Thanks for the responses!

I suppose I should provide some more information. This was created with Rhino and Vray. I modeled this building super quickly to test night renderings with Rectangular Lights. The concern I have is primarily with the columns. As you can see on the exterior they are shiny chrome, but when viewed behind the glass on the upper levels, the material is rendered simply as gray. In fact, it seems that all material properties are disregarded when viewed behind the glass material, except the material color.

Hope someone has an idea.

Thanks