Backburner Error - UDP

Tim Saunders

I don't know the answer, but I suppose I can help troubleshoot... What do you have in your general settings? If you are using 172.0.0.1 try changing it to your computer name as seen on the network.

If I try and launch Manager locally, and use 127.0.0.1 I get the same error you are, but if I change it to my machine name it appears registers without a problem.

Not that I can remember. I keep all of the renderfarm machines setup with a special account called Sf.Viz. This account has 2 shortcuts in the startup directory. The first launches Backburner Server, and the second points to the 'vrayspawner2011.exe' in the Max root directory.

I run everything from a standard user account with base privledges. No admin rights.

Out of curiosity, is your farm machine able to see the Vray license file without a problem?

I don't think the first issue is quite resolved. I just tried to set up three other boxes, and all three of them have the same issue as my first post. I am logged on as an administrator AND I have tried opening bb, with localhost, specific local computer name and my host computer's name. Neither of those ways do anything different.

If I specify the local ip address in both the server and manager, I get an error that says, unable to bind: The requested address is not valid in its context. (0x2741) Is the application already running?

Getting real frustrated. I have like tripple the power waiting for my use, but I can't even use it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Check your computer name and match it on the setting screen of backburner. On my case, I changed the name of the computer (store name was garbage) but the name in server settings was the old name because I installed backburner before changing the name. Backburner server remembers the old name, and it takes a while to figure out because everybody focuses on the automatic search field.

I hope this resolves your problem