Interior Modeling Tutorial

Graham Nixon

Anyway, who would like to keep this thread going???

I'm guessing Kris and Gabriella at least???

If a number of us all try to complete it we can help each other out and compare efforts along the way, could be fun!!!

Graham

Me Please :)

I see there is a lot more to the Creating an Indoor Scene Tutorial. And a lot more headaches for me.

Regards,

Kris

Hi all,

Kris, i think u have to delete the diagonals because God likes it that way, no seriously, i was wondering that myself, could somebody please give an explanation of why i spent 2 hours deleting diagonals yesterday? How are your models coming along? i hope some of you are still trying to build the tutorial!!!

My model is nearly finished so now it will soon be time to do some texturing. Hurray!!!

Post up a picture of where you have got to and we can compare notes.

Good luck

Graham

P.S. what's a good way to put the roof on?

Hallo to everyone :)

I don't have viz 2005... here in Italy Autodesk doesn't distribute it yet (grrr... I want upgrade...) :(

But I think that in the editpoly stack there is still the edge sub-object...

you have to select the edge you don't like... they become RED, and then press canc.

Deleting edge is different from deleting faces, perhaps Kris lost faces because he select more edges than the necessary...

Check ignore backfacing... helps in selecting the right edges...

I'll try to resolve the question on why deleting the diagonal edges...

First of all, less faces you have, and better your model will work...

If I have a rectangular face... I don't need to have two triangular faces, so if I delete the diagonal edge I'll have one face instead of two faces...

I think there is also another reason... in the tutorial noi-pi applied to the modelled window the meshsmooth modifier.. I think that applying that modifier to a model that has corners not clear (not two faces, but triangular faces in one side and rectangular in the other side) can produce errors.

I hope to be clear.. my english is a very basic english!!

Gabriella

Hi all,

How are your models coming along? i hope some of you are still trying to build the tutorial!!!

My model is nearly finished so now it will soon be time to do some texturing. Hurray!!!

Post up a picture of where you have got to and we can compare notes.

Good luck

Graham

P.S. what's a good way to put the roof on?

Thanks Also Graham,

Well you are firing along there with the tutorial. I have not made any further progress as I have a big job to get ready for Monday (goodbye weekend). It is a shadow study of a 114 unit Hotel. - Should be interesting.

I will get back on to the tute as soon as I get some time. Good Luck to you and would also love to see some of your progress. Gabriella, Are you doing the tute as well?

Regards,

Kris

Hallo...

Now I'm not making the tutorial as a precise sequence...

I'm using some parts of it to learn ... but I haven't the time to complete it...

I'm closing a big project before August :)

I hope that when I'll come back from vacation I can start using Viz2005 and Vray :)

Now I'm making little test in my spare time ...

cheers,

Gabry

>>First of all, less faces you have, and better your model will work...

If I have a rectangular face... I don't need to have two triangular faces, so if I delete the diagonal edge I'll have one face instead of two faces...

Deleting the edge only affects what you see on your display. Max interprets only triangles internally.