Quadro FX3800 or Quadro 4000

I have Revit 2011. This is what I found: "In RAC 2010, Autodesk migrated from OpenGL to Direct 3d. This has allowed further graphic improvements to be made in RAC 2011. If you have a supported Graphics card you will be able to enable Ambient Occlusion"... So I guess The Fire Pro V5800 will be o.k. for me. Thank you for your reply Andrew.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds reasonable. I looked at the Revit 2011 system requirements and that card is both "certified" and "recommended" on WIndows 7 64 so Autodesk is saying they've tested and approved it. (One odd thing about that list - it's all pro cards, then at the bottom is the Radeon Mobile 5650. Huh. Must be some story there.) If you want to choose from the recommended list (which is good if you ever want to call tech support) the V5800 would be a good value pick.

It's good that you mention it because all I had up to now is that list: http://www.autodesk.com/us/revit/revit_graphics_hardware_list_June02.html and I think it is a litle bit old. Even this list has some Radeons approved and recommended for W764! For example HD 4600 Series! On the other hand INTEL HD Graphics are not recommended. and when I first opened the program with the monitor plugged in the motherboard (INTEL DQ67SW) port, there was a message that "The system does not have hardware graphics acceleration" Makes you wonder doesn't it? Anyway, to be on the safe side and to be able to experiment with other programs in the future, I think the V 5800 is my choice for now. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

The Quadro 4000 proved itself recently when I installed 3Ds Max Design 2012.

The Nitrus viewport system boosted did the whole thing.

If before I had a frame reate of 3-4fps in a heavy scene, now I get around 16-18fps in the

same scene.

Tested Quadro 4000 against Quadro FX1700.

Quadro 4000 gained like 16-18fps.

Quadro FX1700 gained like 10fps.

Anyway,

I don't think the Quadro 4000 is a good purchase.

It just keeps me wandering how could a Geforce handle the same scene with this Nitrus preview system.

If it will be a success, I will put my hands on Geforce GTX580.

Right after I'll get a GTX460 for the test.

Finally I bought the PNY GTX570. Revit still displays the annoying message : "not recommended graphics adapter. If you experience problems turn off 3d hardware acceleration", but otherwise things seem O.K. Up to now I didn't do any serious benchmarking but my projects spin around with shadows on, fairy smooth and I have to be honest I see improvement over the integrated Intel graphics I was using before. I will later find some time for some tests, and I will post the results. Right now I'm having problems with the mouse and I'm trying to figure out what's happening. Before the card installation I had no problems with the mouse. Now it started freezing for 5 or 6 or even 10 seconds. (Microsoft 6000 v2) I have the same mouse in all my pcs and I don't have problems. Does it have anything to do with the graphics card?