Does vray proxy takes longer to render than a normal geometry?

aristocratic3d

Short answer is no but it will depend on the geometry and the amount of objects. If you dont 'prepare' the object correctly before converting to a VrayProxy you may experience other issues, which could be your problem.

The process I use is to centre the object to 0,0,0 convert or collapse to edit poly and then run ResetXfrom. I've heard doing this will also help with ram usage on VrayProxies....not sure if that's true or not but doesnt hurt.

Are you sure the Proxy is causing the issue?

Increase your memory limit in the whatever the last tab is called in the render dialog box. By default it is at 400mb, and you are probably working with a scene where this is not high enough, therefore the data is being swapped to the disk instead of staying in RAM. Increasing this number will increase the probablity that your scene will only use RAM so it will render a lot faster.

Hi,

I am using a corei7 4GB of RAM. memory limit was set to 2400mb.every other thing is okay. just bunch of tree in the scene and thats it. I discovered that auto grass is causing the problem. I have increased its memory limit too. Do you think I should buy more RAM or increase graphic card? I am using a 1024mb graphic card. I dont know why these happens. :(

thanks for your response guys.