HOW TO, please help, how to select all surfaces through an object...

I remember doing this a long time ago in an old version, where I click the selection tool, the live tool for example, then when I press a certain key I would select all points going all the way through the object even hidden ones. How do I do this, select like X-Ray all the way though an object? I can't remember how I did it. I'm tired of trying to rotate and zoom to make sure I have all points selected, don't want to hide selection or Invert Visibility or anything like that either. Thanks.

More info: I'm trying to select one letter after having made an Extrude Nurb of a word using custom very detailed text with a lot of hidden surfaces after having made it into an editable object. Every part of the Object is selected in the Hierarchy but can't figure out how to select all points or polygons of a single letter quickly.

Cinema 4D 11.5 64bit.

tag words: ( Hidden Points, Selecting through an object, Selecting inside an object, select hidden points, select all the way through )

Edited by JonDumela

use live selection and make sure only select visible objects is off.

Then it's easy to go over it in a front view and select all the points of polys.

I'm not sure if your letter is part of a object or a single object. If it's not part of a bigger object just press ctrl+a