Rendering problem with grouped item

ridz

I'm using sketch up 7 and 8. In both version, I'm having strange problem when I render them in Vray or Kerkythea. Some grouped items are not rendered (means they does not exist at all!) or sometimes they are rendered without the texture i applied.

Can any one say why this happens and how to get rid of it?

Thanks.

Sorry for short explanation. You can check all your faces where texture is not visible in render, by clicking right mouse button-entity info. First slot represents front/white faces and the second slot represents back/green ones. If texture is applied only in back slot, you can experience problems when rendering cuz your texture is then practically turned on back or reversed, so you have to make sure that your textures are applied in first/front slot. Best way is to texture model again correctly by applying just basic material in first and the second slot in entity info for all faces. Select all green faces and reverse them by clicking right mouse button on one of the selected green faces and click reverse faces. Now when all the faces are white, you can apply your textures. Hope it helps if this is the case. Cheers!

Edited by n3CRO

Thnaks for your effort n3CRO. But this si not teh case actually. I have several furniture downloaded from the library. When I render, they are vanished! If I explode all the grouped and component elements, only then they are being rendered. I'm not getting why this is happening.

Downloaded from Google's 3d warehouse. It also happens with other grouped elements created by me sometimes. SO i think the problem is not with the model, but may be in any settings.. I have tried two renderer..but no luck! Exploding a huge model takes long time and it becomes too hard to edit them later.

When grouping items and applying materials on groups, you must enter the group and then apply textures on faces, because if you select group and you are not in that group and you apply materials on it, it practically is not textured at all until you enter the selected group and apply materials.

I didn't try their model. But I have to render my current model now. Its a interior design and I need to submit it tomorrow :( Moreover it faced this problem in other model too where everything was made by me but was grouped. I exploded everything then rendered it successfully. But I need a solution for this problem. So looking for it.