HELP: Seamless plane???

chunter3

HI everyone,

Ive been working on this building for a few weeks now, and after finishing the massing of it, Ive ended up with multiple geometries making up the walls...I need to now apply material, but if i apply to material to each selected geometry, i will see seams...

Is there a way to link all the planes/geometries together and then deleate the inside lines so that it becomes a complete, seamless/single plane instead of multiple planes?Is this possible with out redrawing and applying a whole new side?

I want to apply my material to one plane instead of multiple. I attached an image of what Im talking about....

thanks for any/all help!

You won't see any 'seams' if your object edges are aligned properly. In answer to your question though, you could apply an 'edit poly' modifier to one of your wall objects, then attach the adjacent objects to it. Once attached, select all vertices and do a weld on them. Then select all faces, go to your smoothing groups and clear/reset them all. That will get rid of any issues. But to be honest I think it will be fine as is. Have you tried rendering it yet to see?

Ok thanks for the info...

Yes all the planes line up so I don't see a seem when I render the model with the generic vray material, but when I applied a map/bump map to the multiple planes, the texture jpeg map was not ditributed over all the peices as a whole, but on each individual object. I understand why, but maybe I just need to apply a material rather than trying to create one from scratch using a jpeg map.....I guess this would be a bettr choice? The reason why itried to do that was because I liked the texture I achieved on my elevations, so I basically mad3e a map of tat. And tried aplying it to the 3d elevation...