Max turn-off during rendering

CMDDP

I've just finished a semi-complex scene in 3ds Max 2010. I've created a nature corner into a garden with trees, plants, grass, rocks, path, walls, etc. Trees, plants, rocks and lighting products are converted to vrproxy.

My 3ds Max turns off every time when the memory is to 1300M. I try to increase "dinamic" to 3000M. The same problem. I decreased "dinamic" to default 400M. The rendering is working but takes years to finished: 3 hours only for "light cache".

Vray setup:

HD 1024px

Irradience - Low

Light cache - 150 subdiv

DMC & Mitchell-Netravali

HSV Exponential

VR system - 32

System:

Windows Vista

Intel Core 2 Quad

CPU Q6600

Memory 2047 MB

32 bit Operating System

If a do a rendering by layers it takes minutes to finished. More exactly, if I try to render only trees, or only grass, etc. it takes second or minutes. If I try to render all scene with all layers turned-on it takes days.

Pls, help me, what to do?

You are running a 32 bit OS with only 2Gb of RAM. That's your problem. Any of the 32 bit Windows OS's can see about 3.2Gb of RAM (if it's installed, of course) and allocate 1.7Gb to any one application. The 64bit versions of Windows can see and allocate much more.

Maybe someone more versed in V-Ray can offer some suggestions on how to reduce the memory footprint of your render settings.

I know that and I will. I've been looking for a solution for the moment. I've made an upgrade and I have 3GB ram now. The same problem: if I increase dinamic memory up to 400M 3ds Max shuts down; if I decrease dinamic memory less than 400M, rendering is working but very very slow. I don't understand something: until now, did everybody render with 64 OS? This issue make me crazy! I hardly found 3ds Max plugins for 32. Probably, if I delete some trees, shrubs and rocks, the render will work, but is not what I want.