Is it possible to restrict core usage on Net Render servers? (like Set Affinity)

Eric

I have a small render farm - two workstations and one dedicated render server.

I would like to use both workstations for Net Render (as well as the dedicated box), but don't want to use 100% of the available cores on my co-worker's workstation when he's sitting at his workstation. I have the ability on my own computer to (via the Task Manager) "Set Affinity" on the 3dsmax.exe process to specify how many cores Max can use. My coworker does not have that ability since the process is being launched from my computer. Since neither of us have Admin rights, we can't "Show processes from all users" so he can't even see the active process task that was initiated by my computer - Thus, he can't "Set Affinity" on the process.

It seems like I remember a way to specify the individual cores via the IP address when you assign a server in the Distributed Rendering settings - something like 0.0.0.0:01. Am I remembering this correct? Maybe I dreamed this, but I can't seem to find where I read/saw that.

Alternate method that might work...

I did a quick Google search and it looks like you can set affinity with a Windows Batch Script. So, if you can do that, you might be able to set this script to run when 3dsmax is launched.

If you can't set it to run when Max launches, then you should be able to create a MaxScript in the Max startup folder that then launches the Windows Batch Script to set the affinity.