A little help

Hi all, I write to ask for your opinion about a purchase of a graphics card that I bought and I wonder if you could advise me.

I commented a little bit as serious history, took some time working with 3D Max and Vray in info architecture, but I have a situation where the scenes are becoming more complex and shorter delivery times. I have equipment which now has become a little outdated, my PC is as follows:

CPU: DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2500 MHz (12.5 x 200) 4800 +

System Memory: 4096 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

Motherboard: Gigabyte M52L - S3P

HD: 500 GB

As you can see is a PC that is a bit outdated, but with good vray settings i get quality renders more or less good in a few hours.

The advice comes in the following, currently do not have enough money to buy a better PC, i7 processors and faster memories so I would like to have GPU to do quick previews of how I am being the scene and what takes me longer in the scene is the lighting and materials, and with each test render lose much time in testing. Finding out the vendors in the area I have recommended the following graphics cards:

Nvidia Geforce GTS 450 1G DDR5 $ 250

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...ts-450-us.html

Nvidia Geforce GT 240 512 MB DDR5 $ 150

http://www.nvidia.es/object/product_...gt_240_es.html

My guess is the GTS 450 is good for Vray 2.0 RT? Or that other types of cards at these prices I would recommend purchasing for a good preview of my scenes?

There a GTX or Quadro to a similar economic level to them?

From already thank you very much for everything.

PD: excuse my English but has largely left the google translate: P

Out of the 2 I would recommend the Nvidia Geforce GTS 450 1G DDR5.

as for your computer comment have you considered the AMD PhenomIIx6 1100 or 1090

its a lot less expensive and fairly close in performance. it'll help in building a cost effective machine to render. just a thought.

Good luck

Out of the 2 I would recommend the Nvidia Geforce GTS 450 1G DDR5.

as for your computer comment have you considered the AMD PhenomIIx6 1100 or 1090

its a lot less expensive and fairly close in performance. it'll help in building a cost effective machine to render. just a thought.

Good luck

Luthias42 thank you very much for your opinion, I mention that I've been finding out about the issue of graphics cards and I think I'm finally going to buy a GTX 560 you, and this at a price close to the GTS 450, but looking at the tables performance comparison, in all web pages I was visiting the gtx they placed well above the gts, so I think the gtx is the right investment.

As far as the microprocessor was also finding out the truth that the amd X6 is far more accessible than the i7, and I should replace the whole machine so that it can take haha. So the next purchase after the graphics card will be the microprocessor.

I've been looking for work is seen as the AMD Phenom II X6 with vray, but I have not found much info and comparative tables, you as personal recommendation, as you see them for rendering? microprocessor with that which would be the minimum RAM to be the right way?

Already many thanks for the advice.

Best regards

Martin

This is a list of parts to go with your video card, the total price is less then $1000 on Newegg.com. I'm not sure where all they ship, but at least this might help get you started

ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz

Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB

CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX + AZZA Dynamo 850 850W ATX

Thanks so much for all the information and advice you gave me, I mention that I have finally decided to buy a better pc to be based, and then later when I take advantage, I'll buy the graphics card, as prices here are much higher than in other poor countries by import policy, where a graphics card costs $ 250 (USD), hereyou have to to add 30% taxonly .

Finally, the PC I ordered is:

CABINET: OverCAD OV-515 + REAL ATX600W

MICRO AMD PHENOM II X6 AM3 1090T 3.2 GHZ

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-880GM-USB3

RAM: PATRIOT 4G DDR3 1600

Best regards

Martin