light tracer corner/edge blow out

Crazy Homeless Guy

hola. this is for a NICU diagram i am working on. i am using Light Tracer, and 2 cone light for the setup. i want the floor and columns to go more white, they are kind of gray right now, but i am having a problem with the floor, walls, and columns 'blowing out' whe i adjust either my surface style to be more white, or if i add more light.

does anyone know what causes the blow out areas, and how to control them. they only happen around where 2 surfaces meet at a sharp angle, so i am asuming it has to do with reflected light, but how do i adjust that?

They look white to me, to be honest. White will never be white when lighting is involved.

As for the extra light in the corners, does your material have Self-Illumination? Are you using more than 0 bounces? It seems to me that light is being "generated" when it hits the objests.

Alexander

no self illumination, no specular. not sure why it is doing it. it is not horrible the way it is, but the glowing bothers me. i know that it won't get completely white, i don't necessarily want that. the white looks dingy to me right now, and i don't want that. this is a diagram rendering, so i am not trying to make it look real, just a pleasing to the eye.

It's the bouncing that's causing that - the object is plain white, so it generates values > 1.0 in those areas. Also, is your spot a regular or photometric? I think the bounces are not decaying.

Use Bounce = 1 at max, and you should get rid of those problems. Or reduce the Color Bleed or Object Mult values.

Alexander