is there anyway to persist edits after resizing an edited poly

jason jj

hello

i'm new here and this is my first post. i'm also new to 3ds max.

i'm trying to create a royal frame for paintings on the walls but now i have a problem!

the paintings are not the same in size so the frames are not the same size either. the problem is that i want to create a real frame which means 4 different sides and each side have a 45 degree angle. i created a box which represents my frame side and then applied an Edit Mesh to it. but now i can't resize it anymore because of the 45 degree angle. i tried to connect the cutted edges to each other but that didn't help. now i'm wondering is there anyway to resize the edited mesh without losing your edits??

basically the idea is to create a base edited poly and then copy it and resize or rotate the cloned poly or apply different material to it to suit my needs which is different royal frames in this case.

You are going about this the hard way I think.

Just create a box and use the extrude, connect and chamfer tools to create your frame. It will take you all of 60 seconds. After it is created you can resize it anyway you like using the vertecies or the resize transform.

Here is a screenshot of what I think you were trying to create using the method I described.

If you create a plane in the front view then change the segs to 1 length and one 1 the width! now convert down to a poly press the F4 button in the p.view for the edges faces go into the edges now select the all the edges around the plane under the edges choose the create shape from selection button choose the linear. deselect the edges Press H on the keyboard now select the shape click ok now you have the shape selected under the rendering enable viewport and renderer. now you have the frame and the border, You can change the width of the frame Of the frame boarder to the thickness you want. also you can create a glass texture just copy the plane