Vray for SU settings

Hi guys,

I am attempting to get similar render settings to this image with vray for sketchup 6 and i'm having real difficulty... i've wasted so much time changing render settings and trying stuff out that i'm beginning to loose hope at ever getting any nice renders..

I've rendered in the past with materials and the renders have turned out quite nice - but a little yellowy, but now im trying to render buildings white and yellowy colour just turns out worse on white!!

can anybody help me?!? I'm kinda new to this!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45335[/ATTACH]

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is a combo of a render and some SU linework combined in Photoshop. What version of VRay are you using? Are you using the latest 1.49.01. You can try just creating an ambient occulusion pass and some photoshopping.

• 1 month later...

hi alfie, you can control the white colour with the sun parameters, also is a good thing if you change your white balance in your phisical camera slot, yellowish wb, gives you colder look , and bluish gives you yellowish whites, for geting nice and soft shadows as the picture, you have to increase your sun size to 2 or 3, and low your intensity to 0.35 if you use hdri as enviroment light source. i think that the image your post is photomerges in photoshop, as to separte renderings , lower one is the vray one with shadows and materials, and the one above is just a jpg exorted directly from the scene, with drawing lines etc. Hope it can help you :)