maxwell for sketchup,,:D

okomta

I love the RT render function. Also the quality seems superior to V-ray,and not to talk about the price. But the long render times and the lack of option to work with render channels would be a real downer for some. Its a pity that there is only the option to test the draft render option, because I would really like to get to know the real feel of how fast it is.

After some testing with Fire, I came to the same conclusions, but I was wondering about the speed increase over draft mode when in production mode. I don't think high quality output is a priority for most Sketchup user, so I don't see this plugin as a real competitor for V-ray and other Sketchup render plugins. By the looks of the FAQ page of Maxwell for SU, this plugin is meant to be a demo version for the standalone application, what would also explain the low price :)

After playing with the free plugin...it is definitely a great solution to any of the other renderer plugins for SU. Hands down better than VR for SU plugin. That one didn't like heavy scenes. But this one seems to handle them fine!

But for the cost...it's a not brainer. I'm thinking about buying it for our office....this is just what SU needed! Way to get back on the map Maxwell.