[MaxScript]miauu's Work Plane

miauu_u

Hello, guys!

I want to introduce you my first commercial script - miauu's Work Plane(I hope this is not a problem).

This script will be very useful for people who are dealing with architectural modeling.

Short description:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45648[/ATTACH]

If you are familliar with Work Plane in Autocad, Revit or Modo and you want to have such a tool in 3ds Max "miauu's Work Plane" is what you need.

The "miauu's Work Plane" is a script for 3ds max which create a work plane that automatically adjusts to match the two major axes most closely aligned to the screen axis. When you rotate the Perspective viewport the miauu's Work Plane will snap to the dominant plane, XY, XZ or YZ.

While the default mode for the "miauu's Work Plane" is to automatically adjust to the screen rotation, the "miauu's Work Plane" can also be locked and used as a construction plane. There are a number of methods for manually setting the "miauu's Work Plane" to a specific center and axis. The "miauu's Work Plane" can very quickly be locked to a specific major axis and position, or you can easily snap the "miauu's Work Plane" to the selected geometry or even to the polygons directly under the mouse. This level of flexibility and control provides you with an incredibly fluid and rich set of options for editing your workspace.

Once again - this is commersial script. Lear more HERE.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.07 is available.

Changelog:

- Added:

Reset Work Plane to Current Point - Put work plane to its default mode - the work plane will automatically adjust to the screen rotation. The center of the work plane will remain the same place where it was when the Reset Work Plane to Current Point is activated.

Lock/Unlock Work Plane(Idea by Shawn Olson) - The Lock/Unlock Work Plane works as a toggle. When the work plane is in its default mode - the work plane automatically adjust to the screen rotation, pressing the Lock/Unlock Work Plane will lock the work plane and the automatic adjustment will stop. To unlock the work plane(the automatic adjustment will start) press again Lock/Unlock Work Plane.

Align Viewport to Work Plane now is in main menu(previously was available only via hotkey).

Auto align Work Plane to viewport - The Z axis of the work plane will point to the center of the viewport.

When SNAP is turned ON Align Work Plane to Selection works as follows(Idea by Shawn Olson):

- If Vertex and/or Endpoint snap is On the the miauu's Work Plane will use the highlighted vert normal to define the Z axis of the work plane. Center of miauu's Work Plane will match the highlighted vert position.

- If Edge/Segment, Face and Midpoint snap is On the miauu's Work Plane will use the highlighted position on the scene to set the center of the work plane. The work plane WILL NOT be aligned to the highlighted edge, face or midpoint.

- If Face Center snap is on miauu's Work Plane will be aligned to the highlighted face. The normal of that face will define the Z axis of the coordinate system. Center of miauu's Work Plane will match with the center of the highlighted face.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.08 is available.

Changelog:

"Project on Work Plane" now is called "Allign Selection to Work PLane". Its will allow you to align the selected objects to work plane or to make them parallel(the objects Z axis will point in the same direction as the work plane Z axis, but the objects will sta in place).

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to take the opportunity to drop props for Miauu's Work Plane. I haven't fully gotten into the full capabilities of the toolset, but the 3-point workplane alone on my last project (sent off half an hour ago, whew) were well worth the price. And Miauu has proven to be concerned and responsive. I'd buy it again.

Just want to take the opportunity to drop props for Miauu's Work Plane. I haven't fully gotten into the full capabilities of the toolset, but the 3-point workplane alone on my last project (sent off half an hour ago, whew) were well worth the price. And Miauu has proven to be concerned and responsive. I'd buy it again.
Thanks for the nice review Peter. I'm convinced...heading over to get mine!

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Peter!

Version 1.11 is available.

Changelog:

Added support for XRef scenes. If mouse cursor is over any polygon in the XRef scene geometry object the miauu's Work Plane will uses that polygon as the basis for the Work Plane orientation and will be aligned to it. Idea by Shawn Olson.

Special thanks to Shawn Olson for the help and the ideas.