background and flooring problem!!!!!!!!

kamikaze

Hello people!! i'm a newbie in this community and i found out there are alot of admirable works in this site. was hoping i could learn from all of you :)

i'll post three pics here...(pic1, pic1.1) i just made(please comment on lighting and how to make backgound scene not look like its pasted on the windows)

and another one(wow2)..... how did this guy make his flooring reflect like that?? wow!! (realistic blurring of reflection)

thanks so much!! i hope to hear from all of the talented people in this site!!

ps.... w radiosity or no radiosity....my work looks no different from ea other.. what settings would be advisable??

hi, your floor has got too much of relfection and walls and ceiling has got no light. reduce reflection and use blurr in raytrace to get blurry effect. increase background image's gama to make it brighter.

radiosity must enhance the scene a lot. make sure you got proper subdivisions and lighting intensity values. even default radiosity values would give you noticable difference in image quality.

regards

i think you need to put atenuation (try exponential) in the raytrace parameters (on reflection map) and put a value of 1 meter, and the image will get better...........the blurry reflection maybe produced by another render engine (like vray or another), not with common max defalut scanline render...