Anyone Interested in a CGarchitect Adventure Race Team?

Jeff Mottle

• Administrators

Hi all,

Last year I competed in an amazing adventure race in Colorado over three days. This year's race is May 18-20 and I thought I would see if any other CGA members would be interested in trying to set up team. Each team is made up of 3 able bodied people and two disabled people, one being in a wheelchair. The entry fee is $2000 per person, but the race is for a really good cause and seriously one of the most memorable experiences I've had.

World T.E.A.M. Sports‘ Adventure TEAM Challenge, presented in 2012 by Alteryx, brings together disabled and able-bodied athletes for three days of competition in the back country wilderness of Colorado. Debuting in 2007 as the Real Deal Inclusive Sports Adventure, the Challenge is designed to inspire and to challenge athletes of all abilities. With each team of five including two athletes with disabilities, one being a wheelchair user, the Challenge provides an opportunity for competitors to work together toward shared goals and rewards.

Created by World T.E.A.M. Sports board member Erik Weihenmayer, the Challenge includes rafting, hiking, mountain bicycling, climbing, and other outdoor activities. Teams compete mostly against the clock – to finish all stages is an accomplishment in itself – but also to claim the title as the Adventure TEAM Challenge champion. Along the way, teams are challenged both physically and mentally, and learn that innovation and teamwork are the keys to success.

http://worldteamsports.org/events/adventure-team-challenge/

If you'd be interested let me know. It would be really cool to put together a CGA team. You don't need to be a super athlete, but you do need to be in reasonably good shape.