Mr Ambient Occlusion Problem

Victor1423

Hey!

I rendered the image and something odd is happening! the occluded area instead of it being darker then the rest has more light!

Any ideas whats causing this?

I honestly tried everything! AO settings are normal did not do anything different than other scenes which are fine!

Thanks!

Hi Victor,

I've had this kind of problem before, and while I'm not exactly sure what causes it, it seems to have something to do with material reflection settings. So my advice would be to check the reflection settings of the wall material, and lower them if you can. Also check the material settings of the individual objects that are in front of the problem areas, because they seem to be reflecting more light onto the wall. Hope that helps, maybe someone else has another solution for you.

hey!

thanks for your advice! i tried both of what you said!

did change the wall, added a shell modifier, tried it with and with out that, no change!

went into the materials but all of the the reflection settings is down to none and i also tried rendering them with a reflection glossy samples down to 0 but also nothing changed!

thanks for your time guys! hope this gets solved!

Your suggestion to check out another fourm is a good suggestion. To suggest that people in this forum do not undersatnd the program is ridiculous.

There was no specific error message. There was only an error image.

The answers are not cryptic they are educated guess on what might be the problem. We cannot possibly know all the settings in this scene that might cause the problem based on a single image.

This is one of the best forums for gaining knowledge in these programs.

hey guys!! thanks for all you input and for trying to fix this problem!

i tried all of what you said and it is a GI problem and it is not fixable because of the reflection of the mirror that there is right opposite them (i think)

any way i am still trying to fix it!

What material are you using for the mirror? I just use the mr arch design -chrome- then take glossines down to 50, with 0 glossy samples. The Autodesk mirror material is a piece of crap dont use that.

i guess i have not tried that! thanks!! will give it a try now!

if the problem is the mirror, first render it properly, then turn all reflection off of the mirror, render again and copy paste the mirror from the first render onto the second render in PS ;) by the way it seems towel holders in front of the sink r misplaced. they seem floating :)

if the problem is the mirror, first render it properly, then turn all reflection off of the mirror, render again and copy paste the mirror from the first render onto the second render in PS ;) by the way it seems towel holders in front of the sink r misplaced. they seem floating :)

Yeah i fixed those by deleting them :p

it is a GI problem and it is not fixable because of the reflection of the mirror that there is right opposite them (i think)

any way i am still trying to fix it!

everything can be fix ;)

I also think it is a GI problem, first are you using Photon maps and Final Gather or only Final Gather, If both I will check the size of your photon and quantity, usually that's what cause those big light blotches.

Now if you are only using Final Gather you need to increase Point density and rays per FG.

More information of your scene and Lighting set up will help to understand your problem better.

You might have tried this already, but post the error message exactly on the mental images forum. Chances are you will get a response from someone who really understands the program and not just cryptic comments.

I also think this comment is a little out of place, I'm pretty sure you can find the same people participating in different forums, and although is it a little hard to pin point others problem because we don't know exactly how the scene is set up, with a little of interaction I'm sure we can help each other.

Not to brag about but with over 8 years of using Mental Ray I'm sure if I have that scene I can debug that problem very easy, but the idea of this forum is share experience and knowledge so we all grow as artist.